Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Poem - Worship




WORSHIP
by Joanne Standfield

Tonight as we stood in worship
it was like electricity filled the air,
with the presence of God enveloping
and washing away all care.
I felt my spirit soar inside
as I sang Him songs of praise,
my heart so overflowing
because of His love and amazing grace.
It was as though His arms were around me
in a Heavenly Father hug,
our hearts being knit together
as He enveloped me in His love




I hate, I despise your feasts, and I take no delight in your solemn assemblies. Even though you offer me your burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them; and the peace offerings of your fattened animals, I will not look upon them. Take away from me the noise of your songs; to the melody of your harps I will not listen. But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream. Amos 5:21-24

And many nations shall come, and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths.” For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. Micah 4:2

All these things my hand has made, and so all these things came to be, declares the Lord. But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.
Isaiah 66:2

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24

Worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness; tremble before him, all the earth! Psalm 96:9



For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness. Psalm 84:10



Your decrees are very trustworthy; holiness befits your house, O Lord, forevermore. Psalm 93:5

The Lord is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him. Exodus 15:2

Your way, O God, is holy. What god is great like our God? Psalm 77:13

And Jesus answered him, “It is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve. Luke 4:8

Of David. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy Psalm 103:1-4

Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker! Psalm 95:6

Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; bring an offering and come before him! Worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness;
1 Chronicles 16:29
Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness. Psalm 29:2

A Psalm for giving thanks. Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!
Psalm 100:1-4

Sing for joy, O heavens, and exult, O earth; break forth, O mountains, into singing! For the Lord has comforted his people and will have compassion on his afflicted. Isaiah 49:13

Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth. Isaiah 12:5

Who will not fear, O Lord, and glorify your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship you, for your righteous acts have been revealed.” Revelation 15:4
All the earth worships you and sings praises to you; they sing praises to your name. Selah Psalm 66:4

One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple. Psalm 27:4



Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe. Hebrews 12:28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Author of This Blog