Saturday, August 15, 2009

Poem - Dear Lord, I Praise You




DEAR LORD, I PRAISE YOU
© by Gene Minix


Dear Lord, I praise you.
I lift my heart to you above.
I feel I cannot praise you enough
For your wonderful love.

I will praise you in the morning
And when night brings the moon.
I will praise you at mid-day
And through all the afternoon.

From the night filled with stars
Till the rising of the sun.
I give you thanks and praise
For all that you have done.

I thank you for your mercy
And I praise you for your grace.
For all that you do for me
And the smile you bring to my face.

For my family and my friends.
For food and this roof above.
For your kindness and faithfulness
And for your wonderful love.

So from the setting of the sun
Till the sun comes shining through.
And even in my rest at night, Dear Lord,
I praise you still. I give thanks to you.
Copyright 2009, by Gene Minix.All rights reserved.

--My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up. Psalm 5:3

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth. John 4:24

Worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness; tremble before him, all the earth!
Psalm 96:9

Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples! Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works!—
Psalm 105:1-2

Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise in the assembly of the godly! Let Israel be glad in his Maker;
let the children of Zion rejoice in their King!
Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with tambourine and lyre!
For the Lord takes pleasure in his people; He adorns the humble with salvation.
Let the godly exult in glory; let them sing for joy on their beds.—
Psalm 149:1-5

Praise him with trumpet sound;
praise him with lute and harp!
Praise him with tambourine and dance;
praise him with strings and pipe!
Praise him with sounding cymbals;
Praise him with loud clashing cymbals!
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord!
Psalm 150:1-6

Artwork above by Holly Garcia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Author of This Blog