Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Poem - Evil Shall Not Prevail


Evil Shall Not Prevail
© by M.S.Lowndes

The evil of darkness
Shall not prevail
Against the Lord’s redeemed
Though it arises
And tries to devour
All our hopes and our dreams

It will not defeat
What God has planned
What He has begun in us
If we hold firm to
The promises He gave
And on Him lean and trust

For He’s a big God
Well able to bear it
He holds the universe in His hands
For nothing’s too big
And nothing’s too small
For the God who understands

We cannot let evil
Get a foothold
Into our lives once more
Christ’s blood has cleansed
And redeemed us forever
No longer enslaved as before

The darkness we face
May not seem so dark
When the light of the Lord’s in us
Evil won’t conquer
Nor have a hold
As we abide in God’s perfect love

The Lord your God is with you; his power gives you victory. The Lord will take delight in you, and in his love he will give you new life. Zephaniah 3:17

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1-2

The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them. Psalm 145:18-19

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. . . . For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. Isaiah 41:10,13

The Lord who created you says, "Do not be afraid--I will save you. I have called you by name--you are mine. When you pass through deep waters, I will be with you, your troubles will not overwhelm you. Isaiah 43: 1-2

I lift up my eyes to the hills. From whence does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. Psalms 121: 1-2

He will never let me stumble, slip or fall. For he is always watching, never sleeping. Jehovah himself is caring for you! He is your defender. He protects you day and night. He keeps you from all evil, and preserves your life. He keeps his eye upon you as you come and go, and always guards you. Psalm 121:3-8

Base your happiness on your hope in Christ. When trials come, endure them patiently; steadfastly maintain the habit of prayer. Romans 12:12

We are able to hold our heads high no matter what happens and know that all is well; for we know how dearly God loves us, and we feel this warm love everywhere within us, because God has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. Romans 5:5

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. Psalm 1:1-2

Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. Psalms 34:14

Do not those who plot evil go astray? But those who plan what is good find love and faithfulness. Proverbs 14:22

He who leads the upright along an evil path will fall into his own trap, but the blameless will receive a good inheritance. Proverbs 28:10

For God will bring every deed into judgement, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil. Ecclesiastes 12:14

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Isaiah 5:20

The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. Matthew 12:35

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Author of This Blog