Monday, August 3, 2009

Poem - When My Heart Is Troubled

When My Heart Is Troubled
K. L. Kraemer

You know that I love You and rely on Your laws.
You hear me when unto You I cry.
Command your angels to guide each cautious step that I take
And to guard the untold paths that I try.

Evil may fertilize all around me
And I am misunderstood by my foes,
I remember how profound You are,
With me always in what my heart knows.

While I struggle with obduracy of darkness
And my efforts to overcome are flawed,
I hold tight to the melody of Your kingship.
From everlasting to everlasting You are God.

I kneel before You, O Lord, my Maker,
For You alone inspire majestic praise.
In the shelter of Your strength will I someday rest,
To dwell in Your presence all of my days.


God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. -- Psalm 46:1

Blog Archive

About Author of This Blog