Thursday, May 5, 2011

May 5: National Day of Prayer


I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I will trust. --
Psalm 91:2

Hymn, "A Mighty Fortress," click here.




"Let us be thankful for the liberty that allows people of all faiths to worship or not worship according to the dictates of their conscience, and let us be thankful for the many other freedoms and blessings that we often take for granted."

President Obama proclaimed Thursday, May 5, 2011, to be a National Day of Prayer.
In the proclamation, he acknowledged that "Prayer has played an important role in the American story and in shaping our Nation's leaders" and that "from the earliest years of our country's history, Congress and Presidents have set aside days to recognize the role prayer has played in so many definitive moments in our history."



NationalDayofPrayer.org
White House Proclamation

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Author of This Blog